How to know if we are a good fit for each other?
Top 5 concerns applicants have when applying for a new position in Agilcon and tips on overcoming them.
Changing a job can be an exciting and challenging experience. It brings new opportunities, growth, and success but always comes with dilemmas, concerns, and fears. Don't let them hold you back.
At Agilcon, we strive to create a supportive, inclusive, and innovative culture where employees can thrive. However, we understand that changing a job can be stressful, so we prepared a list of the most common challenges, along with some tips on overcoming them and turning your fears into an opportunity to grow and learn.
Here are 5 most common concerns our HR team hears from candidates in Agilcon’s selection process and tips on how to solve them.
1. How will I know if I am a good cultural fit for Agilcon?
One of the biggest concerns people face when changing jobs is whether they will fit in.
It is the feeling that the company’s values and culture align with the new hire’s personal beliefs and that they can bring new and fresh ideas and experiences to the team.
If you’re wondering if Agilcon is the right cultural fit, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- First and foremost, we value teamwork and collaboration.
- We believe in constantly learning and growing.
- We’re dedicated to creating a healthy work environment and maintaining a good work-life balance.
- And, of course, we love having fun!
If that sounds like you, it is a great start. You can read more about our values here.
Also, through our hiring process you get to know our company and its culture very thoroughly. In this process you get to meet your team lead, some of our employees and our CEO and have plenty of chances to ask all your questions.
And what does our crew say about their experiences?
2. Will I get a mentor?
Another common fear people face when changing a job is the lack of support and guidance during the onboarding process.
It can be challenging to navigate a new environment, learn new systems and procedures, and build relationships with coworkers when you don’t have the proper support. At Agilcon, we take onboarding seriously, and we provide each new hire with a buddy, a team lead, a thorough orientation, and access to all the tools and resources they need to succeed.
What does our onboarding look like?
- You will get the onboarding plan that outlines the tasks, activities, and expectations for the first day, week, and month. This plan is shared with you on your first day with us.
- We assign you a buddy, team lead and mentor(s) who will provide support, guidance, and advice as you navigate your new role.
- You will also get a thorough orientation that covers the company’s culture, policies, and procedures. It is a combination of online training and in-person sessions.
- On your first days, you also get the tools, resources, and support, including access to equipment, software, and training materials.
- We schedule regular check-ins to ensure you adjust well, address any concerns or challenges, check up on your monthly goals and provide feedback and support.
- We encourage open communication and feedback between you and your team lead, mentor(s), and other team members, to ensure you feel supported and valued.
- You will also get the book “Leadership & Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box” to help understand better how we work.
How do our team members describe their first-day experience?
3. What if I’m not able to achieve the set expectations?
When you join us, we do our best to empower you and help you meet and exceed expectations.
Failure is essential to the growth and learning process, so we encourage our employees to try new things, knowing there is always a safety net of support and guidance to help them if they stumble. We understand that making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process.
We want our employees to feel confident and supported in their roles, so we offer regular feedback and guidance. This includes providing training and resources, setting realistic expectations, and maintaining an open-door policy so they can always come in with questions or concerns.
4. What if I can’t adapt to the new technology fast enough?
We understand that learning new technologies can be challenging, but we are also sure that everyone with the right drive and support can make it.
So we offer comprehensive training to help our employees get up to speed quickly and confidently. Also, our team is made up of experts in their fields who are absolutely willing to share their knowledge and experience.
Being a Salesforce partner gives us a unique opportunity to use, learn and develop the world’s best practices and tools. Salesforce has laid an excellent foundation for learning in this industry through its free learning platform, Trailhead. It is also our core learning playground that guides us through how to learn about Salesforce technology.
5. What if I have doubts about changing my job in this uncertain economy?
We are aware of all the concerns and are taking concrete steps to deal with the uncertain prediction for the times ahead. Trying to ensure a stable and safe work environment for our crew and meet the growth plan so our team can thrive.
What are the achievements and efforts we are most proud of?
- From 25 people in 2017 with offices in Ljubljana, we have grown to a team of more than 80 with offices in Ljubljana, Zagreb, and Belgrade, serving regional and global clients.
- We are an essential part of the outstanding Salesforce community as Slovenia’s only Salesforce partner and the Adriatic region’s leading partner.
- In the past two years, we’ve earned the ‘Partner of the Year’ title from Salesforce – a recognition we’re really proud of.
- We build our business on trust and over 200 big and small companies are already growing with us.
- We embody our core value, ‘We MAKE it COUNT,’ in every action, consistently adding value for our customers, employees, and the company. Our commitment to trust and respect in all relationships empowers us to tackle coming challenges effectively.
- We provide employees with clear and regular communication about the company’s financial health and outlook, sharing information about the company’s performance, growth plans, and potential challenges or risks at our weekly all-hands meeting.
- We offer training and development opportunities to help employees build new skills, and also provide resources and support for employees interested in transitioning to new roles or industries within the company.
- We support employees’ mental health and well-being through initiatives such as wellness programs, and mental health resources to help employees feel more resilient and able to manage stress and uncertainty.